Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Post Jax Musings

Well the trip to Jacksonville went very well. Connie and I had a good time at the poker room and otherwise.

My results were not spectacular but WERE better than one big bet per hour. Over nine hours total time played I was up a bit over 2.5 big bets per hour. That is encouraging I suppose.

What is not encouraging is that I cannot seem to do nearly so well in a $1/$2 game online. I can't even make money lately. It seems like a totally different game. The only thing I can think is that the online players are MUCH better than the live players in Jax and other places I play. That pretty much tells me that I'm really not very good. Ok I can beat the people playing for recreation in Jax and Tunica most of the time but I can't seem to touch the same limits online. It's depressing and I'm starting to dread playing online.

I don't think I'm getting any better. I'm not even sure WHAT I need to improve. Is it luck? Is it lack of skill? Is the online game even a fair game? I'm starting to wonder but I don't want to blame me losing on anything other than ME without absolute proof and I don't have that.

How can I improve? I read the books. I play the simulators. I practice. I really don't think I'm getting better. Maybe it's time to admit I've achieved all I can. Until the players in Jax, Melbourne and Tunica improve I suppose I can continue to play there. At least I still win. I'd love to learn to beat the online game and move up in limits but that doesn't seem to be going to happen.

I wish I knew what to do. I hate to give up on a dream but there comes a time when you've got to stop beating your head against a wall that you can't knock down. Is it that time?

No comments: