Sunday, June 19, 2005

Biloxi and beyond

The trip to Biloxi went well. The drive itself was good and being there was great. I do love it there. Poker went well too which helped of course.

I had a couple of great sessions in the 1-4-8-8 game and no really bad ones. My hourly earn rate was not what I'd like but I learned a lot about my game and I think it was improving the whole time.

The tournaments didn't go so well. I simply played very poorly. I know I know better but they just 'feel' so different from the online ones I'm used to. The blind structure is radically different with very little time to be patient. I know I need to get used to that though so I'll keep trying. I did have fun anyway, even though I didn't have a very good showing.

I've done very well online since getting back home which kind of validates what I think I learned in Biloxi. I need to go to Daytona or Melbourne soon. That $2 straight game is weird though but its worth a shot. I also want to get to either Tampa or Jax but those pretty much require overnight stays. Still that could happen before Vegas on the first of July.

I'm looking forward to that trip. I'm not sure what to expect. Mostly i'm going with the idea of just having a ball.

That's about it for now. I'm sure I'll have more to say soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice time, wish I was there!