Friday, November 25, 2005

Two good satellites

The past two nights I've played Poker Stars 7:30pm $3+0 rebuy satellite for a seat in the Saturday $650 buy in WPT Atlantis satellite. It's a way to turn just $3 into a seat in a WPT event plus travel and accomodations at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas where I went on vacation last year.

Last night I was 7th out of 207. Unfortunately the tournament paid through 6 places so I was out on the bubble. There were three seats to be awarded in that one.

Tonight I was 6th out of 225. Tonight the payout was 3 seats plus 4th through 15th paid $33 and 16th paid $9. I was happy with a $30 profit considering that I didn't rebuy and didn't add on so my total cost was $3.

Two final tables in two nights is encouraging especially in these somewhat whacky rebuy tournaments. On the other hand there was a lot of dead money floating around for the patient player. I have a real hope of winning a seat to the $650 satellite one day soon and I see no reason I could not parlay that into a seat in the WPT Atlantis event.

Time will tell but hopefully I'll be making entries here from the Bahamas one day :)

No comments: